onsdag den 2. januar 2008

Presenting Islam to Christian Parents

Al-Hamdullillah Wa-Salaatu Was-Salaamu A`laa Rasollillah, Amaa B`ad:
Shaykh Abdur-Razaaq (hafidha-hullah) continued his duroos of Adabul-Mufrad of Imaam Al-Bukaaree with the chapter:
Presenting Islam to a Christian Mother
From Abu Huraira, who said:
"No Jew or Christian heard my speech except that he loved me. Indeed I wanted my mother to accept Islam, but she refused. So I called her to Islam, but she refused. So I went to the Prophet (Sallahu Alaihee Wasallam) and said to him: "Make Du`a to Allah for her." And so he did. I then went to my mother and her door was closed. She then said to me: "O Aba Huraira! I have indeed accepted Islam." So I informed the Prophet (Sallahu Alaihee Wasallam) and I said to him: "Make Du`a to Allah for me and my mother." So he (Sallahu Alaihee Wasallam) said:
"O Allah! Make the people love your servant Abu Huraira and his mother."
Declared as being Hasan (good) by Shaykh Al-Albaani (Al-Mishkaat: 5895).
Shaykh Abdur-Razaaq went onto explain:
That it is from righteousness and piety that one presents Islam to his parents and that he calls them to Islam. Abu Huraira called his mother (who was a Christian) to Islam in two ways:
1. He used to continuously present Islam to her. Explaining the Deen to her and giving her Da`wah.
2. He used to supplicate for her guidance and asked the Prophet (Sallahu Alaihee Wasallam) to ask Allah to guide her to Islam.
This is the path that one must take in presenting Islam to his parents. That you combine giving Da`wah to your parents with supplicating for their guidance.
This also applies if one finds his parents upon innovation or sins. That you call them to the truth with gentleness and with fine speech, without raising your voice or being harsh with them. Along with making Du`a for their guidance and well being.
And Allah the Most High knows best.
Authored by : Abdur-Raoof Muhammad, Abu Sumayyah
Date Published: Sunday, 15 July 2007

Ingen kommentarer: